Saturday 29 June 2019

Insig van 'n vriendin

Na my laaste blog inskrywing, het my  dierbare vriendin Astrid haar insig gegee oor waarom sy dink my omboorsel se hoeke nie reg wil omvou nie...en sy was reg!

Sy het vir my hierdie video skakel aangestuur, en ek het onmiddelik my fout besef - ek het my naat al die pad tot die einde gestik, en dan die omboorsel omgevou vir die volgende naat. Wat ek moes does was om 1/4" voor die einde te stop, die omboorsel te vou en dan met die volgende naat te begin.

So, hierdie naweek torring ek hoeke los en stik hulle weer KORREK vas!

Ek het sulke wonderlike vriendinne :)

My dearest friend Astrid, gave me her insight on why she thinks my corners didn't fold properly, after she read my previous blog entry...and she was right!

She send me this video link and I immediately realised what I did wrong - I stitched the seam all the way to the end and then folded the binding and restarted, instead of stopping 1/4" before the end and then folding the binding before restarting. 

So this weekend I am ripping seams and restitching them the CORRECT way!

I have such wonderful friends :)

3 comments:

  1. I missed your post on the binding - I'm glad Astrid saw and guided you to the correction - binding can be hard until you know what you are doing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a true friend for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I am very lucky and happy to have Astrid as a friend and fellow quilter.

      Delete

Jou kommentaar word baie waardeer. Ek geniet dit om jul opinies te lees. / Your comments are appreciated. I enjoy reading your opinions.